I found Carjacked at the video store
one day. I was drawn to it because it had Stephen Dorff in it. He is probably
one of my favorite actors and I just feel he doesn’t get enough credit for the
movies he does. In the instance of Carjacked I’m willing to bet most of you out
there haven’t even heard of it and you should have.
Lorraine, Maria Bello, is a divorced
woman just trying to provide for her son. But one night when she stops to get
gas and Roy, Stephen Dorff, enters her life it all becomes so much harder. Now
she has to fight not only for her son’s and her safety but for their freedom.
Where will they end up when Roy is done with them or will Lorraine take any of
this sitting down?
I have a few bones to pick with Carjacked
before I go any farther. It has a bunch of seemingly useless bits of info
thrown in at the beginning. These all, however, come to light as important
background for why things are happening in the end. Even the funny story of
Lorraine at the gun range comes back in the end to have set something up. Also
while they were reasonably realistic with things about the cars in the movie I
have to wonder if that was the only area their tech adviser knew anything
about. For instance, there comes a time in this movie where a shotgun is
brought into play. The shotgun is held properly, maybe too properly, throughout
but the use of it is terrible. There’s one scene where it is cocked like three
times and a shell never ejects from the shot gun even though it should at that
point. What is good about this movie though, and that I love about it, there is
none of that constant back and forth with the steering wheel that you see in so
many tv shows and movies these days. I mean no one really drivers making that
obvious of corrections the whole time. So I think that gives this movie major
points towards being realistic. Also Dorff deserved some sort of award for his
role as Roy in this film. He was just the right amount of psycho for the role
of the bad guy. One minute he’s happy and chatting and the next he’s locking
Lorraine in the trunk. Dorff has that rugged handsome thing going for him so it
would seem like he is a nice approachable man which is great because he uses
that in the movie so well. Most people these days know Maria Bello as the mom
still breast feeding her four year old in Grown Ups, but this is a whole
different way to see her. She really plays the part that was written very well,
but with that said her part wasn’t written all that well. The preview only
shows when she gets tough and takes control. In other words it shows the good
parts, but really who would be so scared that they would dial 411 instead of
911 in an emergency. That was kind of a stretch to believe. This movie has big
stars, big action, and a lot of bad swear word placement, but if you put all
that aside then you’re still left with an interesting idea for a movie. I’m not
going to tell you it’s the best movie that came out in 2011, but I will say
that it’s just interesting enough that you should check it out for yourself.
On the edge of your seat? Want to see more? Come on and check out the preview.
Come back next week for another thrilling ride when I review The Call.

No comments:
Post a Comment