I apologize because this should have been my first posting but either way I would like
to introduce myself to the internet world in this post. I will be making these
posts under the name of MilSwan, not my real name. I am from all over the world
you could say, my family has been on the move since before I was two. When I
was young I found comfort in reading but as I got older that faded out. What
replaced it was movies. All sorts of movies. My Dad started me on anime when I
was in grade school and then he followed that up by introducing me to the
comedic gods Bud Abbott and Lou Costello. My Dad has always been the biggest
influence on my life. Before DVDs were in the store my Dad had a whole, big dresser
filled to the brim with VHS tapes and he was still buying more. That’s pretty
much me now. My DVD binders are full and my cabinet that I keep all my Blurays
in is over flowing but that doesn’t stop me from going to the store looking for
new movies to add to my collection. Just to throw it out there, thanks to my
sister I did find my way back to reading a couple years ago and I am still
going strong with books now. So if you're ever curious go ahead and ask me what I'm reading. I will be happy to share with you. Basically if I’m not at work or out with my
friends I’m reading a book or watching a movie, rarely do I watch actual TV.
Now why should you take the word of this mystery writer of what movies are good
and bad? I would have to say that my greatest qualification is the fact that I
watch movies. I watch them all. I watch indy films, foreign, action, romance,
comedy, horror, thriller, drama, I even watch children’s movies from time to
time. I’m not a picky person. But what does that have to do with anything?
Well, it means my mind is well rounded and through the years of watching all
these movies I’ve developed the ability to see them in a different light. I
don’t just leave a theater thinking, “That was a good movie.” I leave wondering
how they did the stunts, what kind of CG programs had to be written to make
this movie, I sometimes even leave wondering what made them pick the actors
they picked, but that is a very rare thought for me. I truly enjoy movies but I
also love all the little details and secrets you can learn about them. This
does not mean though that I will be giving excellent reviews to all the movies
I watch. You’ll find that I could possibly love the movie myself, but then the
review tears the movie to shreds. So this is me. My favorite movie is Ransom,
feel free to ask me about it. I’m fair about my thoughts on movies and I don’t
care which actor is screwing which actress. All that said, glad to have you on
my page.
No comments:
Post a Comment