Friday, August 22, 2014

The Entitled were they given Enough Credit?



            I found The Entitled during one of my wanderings at the movie store. I had never heard of it so I rented it before committing to buying it. I am always intrigued by movies about kidnappings and I like to see if there is anything new that could possibly be done this time. Well, when it comes to The Entitled I found it quite satisfying in the end.
            When Paul Dynan’s, Kevin Zegers, world seems to be crumbling around him, he comes up with a plan to keep it all in line. What’s the plan? Kidnap three college kids with socialite parents and hold them for ransom. But when Paul’s plan seems to fall to pieces after one of his partners goes off script will he still be able to pull everything off?
            According to Rotten Tomatoes this movie, even though it came out in 2011, is still unrated by them. There is actually only one critic review for this movie on their page. Then there is Internet Movie Database that shows this movie is in an upswing right now. But it still only gives The Entitled a 6.2/10. The movie had a very nice cast, including Kevin Zegers, Ray Liotta, and Victor Garber. According to the director, Aaron Woodley, he actually got all his first picks for who he wanted to play the parts. This movie is a new look at the kidnap/ransom genre. The thing that worries me about it, though, is that it may inspire future bad guys in the real world, cause if it worked in the movie it must work in real life. But back to the movie, it does things that most kidnap movies don’t think to do and they get away with doing it. There is some horrible stuff that happens to the victims and even the partners, but in the end it’s all sort of justified and the viewer actually feels good about what happened. Usually when my reviews are short it’s because there isn’t much to the film to talk about. That tends to mean it’s a bad movie because there was no depth to go into about it, but in this case it’s because they did so little wrong that it’s not worth pointing out the flaws. Then sure I didn’t say a lot that was nice either but really if I talked about everything I thought made this movie great then there would be no point in you, the viewer, watching it, because I’d give away all the great twists and turns that really build this movie. So basically what I’m getting at is check out the preview bellow and give this little known movie a chance. You will not be disappointed.


If what I've said makes you want to know more check out the full preview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgX1pDIonac
Be on the look out for my next review. Here's a little preview of what's to come https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbSxAj9DDp8

Have you signed up for the e-mail notifications? It's really easy and it will make it easy for you to know when my new reviews are up before everyone else, so why don't you just do it already?

No comments:

Post a Comment