I saw To Kill a Mockingbird because of my step dad. He loves old movies and watches them constantly. So one day I found myself watching tv with him and he flipped to this. I was captivated by it and got upset with my step dad when he started flipping channels in the middle. But today I have finally got to watch it from beginning to end with no interruptions and it was great.
Atticus Finch, Gregory Peck, is a
lawyer in the post depression south. He raises his two children to feel safe
and just be children. But, when he takes on a case defending a black man things
change for him and his children.
I’ve been trying to figure out how I
should do this review and I still, as I’m typing, have no idea. I never read
the book when I was in school and I haven’t seen the actors in any other
movies, so I have nothing to compare to. What I can say is that it is really
cool to see that a majority, if not all, of this movie is shown through the
eyes of a child. The children start out so innocent in the beginning. Then you
get to watch them change as they’re exposed to experiences they’ve never had
before. The children are already very mature for their age, but then for the
time that this movie takes place most children were very mature when they came
from poor families. But to see them realize that there is evil in the world and
to see how it changes them is such a neat thing to watch. This is probably one
of the few movies with children in it where they were healthy and strong and
actually had depth to their character. The audience really cares about the
children in this movie. One thing that was a little disappointing was that Robert Duvall is only in the film for like five minutes. The kids tell
big stories about his character and make him seem sort of important but in the
end he’s hardly got any screen time and it seems like they only created his
character to help bring the movie to closure. No matter what I say, though,
this movie is a classic. It is a must see for anyone that claims to know
anything about movies.
You say you've been living under a rock and haven't even heard of this movie? Click and check out the preview here.
Here's a little extra clip from one of my favorite YouTube channels. I feel it is fitting to go with this review. Be warned though, this man swears and it is uncensored. But here it is, a letter to Hollywood, Sick Kids.
Come back next time when I review Seeking a Friend for the end of the World.
Haven't said it in a while but if you like what you're reading and want to know as soon as the next review is posted sign up for e-mail notifications. Also while you're here check out the other pages on my blog and take the polls at the bottom of the page.

No comments:
Post a Comment